Check List for Meeting
- Select hotel and block rooms someplace.
- Select site for meeting sessions.
- Arrange transportation between hotel and meetings if necessary.
- Be sure lunch is available near meeting site.
- Make arrangements for meeting of Division Committee.
- Arrangements for business meeting.
- Location for registration table, bulletin board, message center.
B. REGISTRATION/ANNOUNCEMENT LETTER
- Announcement of meeting - where, when, registration fee, approximate
cost of banquet, proposed length of papers including discussion.
- Meeting registration form - name, address, affiliation, banquet?,
paper?, projection equipment.
- Abstract/billing form (on one sheet) - with name and address to
whom it should be sent.
- Hotel registration card.
- Miscellaneous announcements.
- Deadlines for submitting each form.
- Information about transportation from airport to hotel.
C. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER (at least to those presenting papers)
- Paper accepted.
- Time allotted for paper and discussion.
- Guidelines for paper presentation.
D. MEETING SESSIONS
- Arrange for projectors (35 mm, overhead, 3x4), spare bulbs,
screen, extension cord, microphone, tables for projectors, podium,
pointer, blackboard, chalk, erasers.
- Have personnel to set up equipment and for projectionists.
- Arrange for coffee at breaks.
- Select chairmen for each session.
- Choose location (make certain of total cost - gratuity, tax,
minimum number, etc.).
- Select menu.
- Arrange for cocktails.
- Select head table, toastmaster, speaker.
- Arrange transportation or provide maps if necessary.
- Arrange for abstract booklet preparation.
- Personnel for registration table.
- Name tags.
- Receipt book for registration, banquet, etc.
- Information brochures for local restaurants, attractions, etc.
- Have a file record for each person coming.